Science and Innovation Awards
Application open: 29 Aug 2019
Application close: 04 Oct 2019,
The 2020 Science and Innovation Awards for Young People in Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry is a competitive grants program that supports young people to undertake a project on an innovative or emerging scientific issue, including biophysical and social sciences, which will contribute to the ongoing success and sustainability of Australia’s agriculture, fisheries and forestry industries.
The Awards aim to encourage science, innovation and technology in rural industries and help to advance the careers of young researchers, scientists, producers and innovators through national recognition of their research ideas.
The Science Awards are coordinated by the Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences (ABARES), in the Australian Government Department of Agriculture.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be between the ages of 18 and 35 (inclusive) on Friday 4 October 2019
- be Australian citizens or permanent residents (proof required) by Friday 4 October 2019
- be working, employed or studying in an agriculture, fisheries or forestry related industry (including food and sustainable natural resource management) in Australia. Proof such as a letter of employment, scholarship or pay slip may be requested
- not be employed by a sponsoring organisation in the award category they are applying for, and not have an immediate family member (a sibling or parent) who is employed by a sponsoring organisation in their selected award category
- not be employed by an Australian Government agency classified as a Non-Corporate Commonwealth Entity under the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013.