- Commodity Trader
- Grain Trader
- International Trader
- Assist Trader
Manage physical and derivative position of commodity being traded and customer accounts.
- Buy and sell commodities from/to country elevators, producers, feed mills, and processors.
- Determine supply and demand, survey market conditions, and analyse other economic forces to establish market position.
- Initiate, negotiate and agree on terms of commodity purchase/sale contracts, such as price, quality, quantity, transportation, timing and payment.
- Arrange efficient, low-cost transportation of commodities from areas of surplus to areas of deficit.
- Plan purchases and transportation to maximise profitable use of stock and storage facilities.
- Ensure thorough and accurate follow-up, execution and closure of all contracts.
- Communicate and interact with transportation and logistics, quality assurance, customer managers and credit manager to ensure efficient execution.
- Meet with suppliers and internal and external customers to maintain and develop customer relationships.
- organisational skills
- communication skills
- problem solving skills
- analytical skills
- computer skills
- negotiation skills