Management of livestock and/or Cropping operations.
- Mixed Crop and Livestock Farmer, or Farmer and Grazier
- planning and coordinating the production and marketing of crops and livestock
- breeding and raising livestock for the production of meat, wool, skins, milk or eggs, and growing grain, seed crops, vegetables, fruit or nuts
- monitoring and maintaining the health and condition of livestock
- providing pastures and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
- selecting and purchasing seed for planting, planning and implementing breeding programs
- directing and overseeing general farming activities such as fertilising, and pest and weed control
- maintaining farm buildings, fences, equipment and water supply systems
- organising the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock and produce
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- managing business capital, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
Workers normally have at least 5 years of relevant experience (that’s a skill level equal to a Bachelor Degree or higher). Many workers have a Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification.
VET Course Providers:
New South Wales
Australian Capital Territory
For more information on required qualifications, click here.
ANZSCO ID 1214