Peter Westblade Scholarship
Application open: 01 Oct 2019
Application close: 20 Dec 2019, 5pm
The Peter Westblade Scholarship exists to promote the practical skills associated with the sheep and wool industry and aims to deliver hands on experience to young people aspiring for a career in this dynamic industry.
The Peter Westblade Scholarship has been set up to honour the late Peter Westblade, who passed away in 2008. Peter was a true visionary of the sheep industry, epitomising compassion and devotion to a cause. Peter was passionate about breeding profitable sheep, a strong supporter of young people interested in agriculture and had a balanced approach to all things. His legacy lives strongly amongst those who had the fortune to know such a great person.
The Peter Westblade Scholarship aims to:
- Provide practical education and mentoring for young participants in the sheep and wool industry.
- Encourage young people into the sheep and wool industry demonstrating and showing opportunities and career pathways.
- Promote, demonstrate and adopt new technologies within the sheep and wool industry.
The Peter Westblade Scholarship will provide:
- Mentoring from industry innovators and leaders
- Involvement in sheep and wool industries largest commercial genetic trial
- Practical training appropriate to the skill set required in the sheep and wool industry
- Provide an opportunity to develop wider networks of key contact in the sheep and wool industry
- Travel opportunities
- Resource books
- Promotion, utilisation and adoption of new technologies
The scholarship is looking for young people who meet the following criteria.
- Aged 18 to 30;
- Have a passion for the sheep and wool industry;
- Is someone who wants to make a difference (no matter how small);
- Is someone who sees their future in the sheep and wool industry