Implement the scheduling and treatment or fumigation of grain and other products.
Grain Protection, Officer Receivals Support, Quality Control Co-ordinator
- Inspect properties, identify problems, determine treatments and provide estimates of costs for replacement
- Mix chemicals to specified concentrations and confirm usage on treatment of raw materials.
- Operate generators, compressors, manual and electric pumps to inject or spray liquid and gaseous pesticides and herbicides
- Fumigate storage spaces, houses or office furnishing and clothing
- Dust infested areas with appropriate powder or lay baits
- Apply pesticides or herbicides in the pre-treatment of building sites
- Carry out simple maintenance practices to prevent pests entering buildings, such as bird-proofing roofs and filling cracks and crevices
- Maintain equipment in safe, efficient working order.
- Maintain work records of each property inspected, the pest or weed problem, chemicals used and amount of time spent at each location.