Transforming Futures Scholarship – Future Students
Application open: 01 Jul 2019
Application close: 30 Nov 2019,
Transforming Futures Scholarships are made possible through generous gifts from UOW alumni, staff and donors. These scholarships recognise the capacity in all students and seeks to provide support to ensure students can participate in, and make the most of their higher education.
Transforming Futures Scholarships are awarded to students who have demonstrated need such as financial or social disadvantage. There are a range of criteria that are looked at in determining this need such as low income, family background, living in a rural or isolated region, having a permanent disability, being a recent migrant from a non-English speaking country, and Indigenous Australians.
- Applicants must be must be commencing study in 2020 as a first (1st) year undergraduate student at UOW (no previous enrolment at UOW);
- Applicants must remain enrolled full-time at the University of Wollongong for the duration of the scholarship;
- Applicants must demonstrate need such as financial and/or social disadvantage. Equity criteria include – but are not limited to – low income family background, living in a rural or isolated region, having a permanent disability, recently migrated from a non-English speaking country, Indigenous Australians, etc.;
- Applicants must submit an application via UOW Scholarship and UAC Equity to be considered for this scholarship;
- Applicants are required to demonstrate community involvement via submission of a written statement;
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident.