Rural Bank Scholarships
Application open: 02 Dec 2019
Application close: 28 Jan 2020,
Terms: Up to 2 years
The scholarship / bursary / award / prize (The Scholarship program) aims to assist outstanding but disadvantaged students who have been offered a full-time place at an Australian university or college for the first time in 2020 to undertake agribusiness studies or studies that will enable students to have a career commitment that will ultimately benefit the agricultural industry and/or regional and rural communities.
The Scholarship program supports the following study related expenses – accommodation costs, course costs, study-related materials/equipment, textbooks, tutoring and /or education related travel (within Australia).
The Scholarship award value is $5,000 per year for two years for each successful recipient, subject to the criteria set out below and satisfactory academic performance in the first year of study.
Key qualification criteria:
- You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- You can come from anywhere in Australia (regional, rural or metropolitan areas);
- You will be a first-time, first year undergraduate in 2020 – this is your first attendance at university/college;
- You have been offered a full-time place to study on campus at an Australian university or college, for
- an agribusiness related bachelor’s degree or
- a bachelor’s degree, in an approved Australian course, that will enable you to have a career commitment that will ultimately benefit the agricultural industry and/or regional and rural communities;
- You graduated from secondary school in either 2019 or in 2018 (you took a gap year);
- You can demonstrate the challenging circumstances (economic &/or social) hindering your ability to undertake tertiary education;
- You can demonstrate how your study will enable you to contribute to the Australian agribusiness sector and/or regional and rural communities and
- You can demonstrate outstanding academic achievement and extensive community involvement.