Inland Rail Scholarship
Application close: 26 Jan 2020,
The Inland Rail Scholarships Program, established by Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC), aims to encourage and enable prospective students studying at the University of Southern Queensland to pursue careers to enrich and diversify regional economies and contribute positively to their communities.
The Scholarships Program is part of the Inland Rail Skills Academy, which is creating value for communities along the Inland Rail alignment by offering education and training programs which increase the number of skilled local residents. Inland Rail is a once-in-a-generation project that will enhance supply chains and complete the backbone of the national freight network by providing for a transit time of 24 hours or less for freight trains between Melbourne and Brisbane via regional Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland. Inland Rail will transform the way we move freight around the country, connect regional Australia to markets more efficiently, drive substantial cost savings for producers and consumers, and deliver significant economic benefits.
- be an Australian Citizen or have permanent resident status
- be a resident of Inland Rail LGAs including:
- Scenic Rim
- Lockyer Valley
- Moree Plains, or
- be commencing their studies at USQ in any bachelor’s degree in Semester 1, 2020
- have a sound level of academic achievement
- be enrolled in a minimum of four (4) study units in each of Semester 1 and Semester 2 of each year of study for the duration of the scholarship
- be studying on-campus or external
- be enrolled at any USQ campus