Application open: 27 Jan 2020
Application close: 09 Mar 2020,
Value: Up to $108,000
The Hansen Scholarship is a flagship scholarship program at The University of Melbourne. From 2020, The Hansen Scholarship will be awarded to talented undergraduate students whose financial circumstances present a challenge to accessing a first-class education. Recipients will be awarded accommodation, an allowance, and financial and personal support.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident, and be enrolled in an Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate in Australia; or
- have applied for or be the holder of an Australian temporary protection visa, and be enrolled in an Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate in Australia; or
- be an Australian citizen and be enrolled in an Australian Year 12 or the International Baccalaureate outside Australia.
- be aged between 16 and 20 years of age in the year of application
- be on track to achieve a minimum Australian Tertiary Admissions Rank (ATAR) of at least 90 (or the IB equivalent)
- experience financial circumstances that present a challenge to attending The University of Melbourne. (e.g. you or your family receive Centrelink benefits)