Costa Exchange Pty Ltd (Tomato category) Scholarship
Application close: 19 Jan 2020,
Costa is Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables. With over 60 farms in more than 30 regional and rural communities across every state Australia, our produce categories include: Berries (Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries), Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Avocados, Bananas, Grapes and Citrus (Oranges, Lemons, Mandarins, Tangelos, Limes, Grapefruit).
From 2020, we are very pleased to establish a new Scholarship to provide recognition and financial assistance to an outstanding undergraduate or Masters student enrolled at the University of New England seeking a career in Horticulture.
Who can apply?
- Australian Citizen/Permanent Resident:
- The applicant must be an Australian Citizen or permanent resident as defined by the Commonwealth
- Open to continuing UNE students:
In their 2nd/3rd year of one of the following degrees:
- Bachelor of Agriculture (Plant Production)
- Bachelor of Agricultural Production and Management (Production Horticulture major)
- Bachelor of Rural Scienceor
- Enrolling/ed in a Master of Science in Agriculture (Horticulture or Agronomy focus – must include HORT420, HORT510)
- Demonstrate successful academic performance demonstrated by a minimum average GPA in their degree to date of 5.0.
- Financial Disadvantage:
- Be able to demonstrate financial need
- Geographic area:
- The preferred applicant has a permanent home address in the following state and/or geographic area/s: New England (NSW)
- Ambition to pursue an operational role (not research) in horticulture.
- Must be willing to undertake casual work with Costa Tomato category as part of this scholarship, if possible.