BBM Global Industry Scholarships
Application open: 06 Apr 2020
Application close: 31 May 2020,
Ready for the adventure of a lifetime?
A BBM Global Industry Scholarship is an $8,000 grant for young Australians aged 17 to 23 to go overseas, travel and gain international work experience from the best in their field.
Scholarships are available for agriculture, trades and horticulture and the performing arts and focus on innovation and sustainability. They are a once in a lifetime opportunity for young Australian talent to experience the most exciting, cutting-edge developments in their industry. Most of our scholars go for two to three months, before they take their new skills and ideas back to Australia.
To be eligible for a 2020 BBM Global Industry Scholarship you must meet the requirements set out in points 1, 2, 3 and 4 below.
1) You must be aged between 17 and 23 on 30 June 2020 and 18 years or older by the time you travel
2) You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
3) You must be able to:
- leave Australia for your scholarship before the 31st of December the year following your application
- make satisfactory arrangements to pursue your objectives, including obtaining any visas you may require
- confirm that you will not use your scholarship to fund overseas school fees and associated travel (however, short term workshops are eligible)
- complete a minimum of 20 days of industry related activities overseas
4) You must meet the eligibility criteria for your category below:
Be in the graduating year or have completed your Certificate III in a relevant subject to the sub-categories. If you have a qualification higher than a Certificate III you are eligible to apply.
Be in the graduating year or have completed your Certificate IV in a relevant subject to the sub-categories. If you have a qualification higher than a Certificate IV you are eligible to apply.
Graduating year and minimum RAD 1 or equivalent
A letter of recommendation from a relevant representative of the Sydney Conservatorium of Music or from an orchestra listed here.
Recommended by a relevant representative of NIDA and in your graduating year