- preparing seedbeds for new turf
- establishing and maintaining turf by watering, over sowing or over seeding, and repairing green damage
- mowing, rolling and levelling turf
- pegging and marking out lines and logos, installing nets, posts and stumps, and placing other sports equipment on playing areas
- operating and maintaining hand and power driven equipment such as mowers, aerators, cultivators, corers and line marking equipment
- constructing cricket wickets, tennis courts, and bowling, croquet and golf greens
- replanting, repairing, aerating, fertilising and top dressing lawns
- installing and maintaining synthetic surfaces
- may maintain buildings, fences and surrounding gardens
A Certificate III including at least 2 years of on-the-job training, or a Certificate IV, or at least 3 years of relevant experience, is usually needed. Most workers have not completed any post school qualifications (that is, they have finished either Year 10, 11 or 12 only). Sometimes experience or on-the-job training is needed in addition to a qualification.
VET Course Providers:
New South Wales
Australian Capital Territory
For more information on required qualifications, click here.
ANZSCO ID 3623Act Now