Specialisations: Curriculum Advisory Teacher, Education Officer, Home-School Liaison Officer, Preschool Adviser.
- Consults with teachers, principals and administrative officials of educational institutions to co-ordinate educational programmes and provide advice.
- Identifies and evaluates developments in education by conducting research into educational systems.
- Serves on committees to identify present and future needs within the educational system, and plan, develop and modify facilities and programmes.
- Documents subjects and courses developed, and evaluates new courses.
- Organises and conducts workshops and conferences to train teachers in new programmes and methods.
- Applies knowledge of learning processes and school structures to develop operational and training programmes, and submit them for decision and funding.
You usually need a bachelor or postgraduate degree in education to work as an Education Adviser. Training may also be available through VET (Vocational Education and Training).
Tertiary Education Providers
Australian Capital Territory
ANZSCO ID 249111Act Now