Application Close: 11 May 2018
The Ricegrowers’ Association of Australia’s Foundations of Leadership Program is an ambitious program which aims to develop a cohort of emerging leaders for:
- Succession planning and strategic contributions on boards, committees and in the rice industry and communities as a whole;
- To develop advocacy and governance capacity in the sector; and
- To develop self-aware, forward thinking strategic leaders who can build the industry and the region into the future.
The RGA’s objective is to develop the leadership capacity and resilience of its sector. The overall objectives of the leadership program are to assist participants to:
- Deepen their understanding and appreciation of the need for flexible and responsive leadership;
- Introduce the participants to foundational aspects and skills of effective leadership
- Introduce the participants to the foundations of Corporate strategy, governance and finance
- Develop greater self-awareness and adaptability in terms of behavioural responses, management style, and leadership approach;
- Develop a structured pathway for future leadership development;
- Foster ongoing relationships for peer support in the rice industry;
- Engage in a larger national network of leaders through the ALRF’s Network of Fellows.
Developing the ability to influence others and to contribute to the future success of the rice industry and the board agricultural industry, involves individual leaders learning about themselves and how they can work collaboratively with others. Participation in the Program will improve the participant’s confidence and skills, which will benefit not only the rice industry but the region as a whole.