Applications Open: 1 Nov 2017
Application Close: 15 Jan 2018, 5:00 pm
Value: $10,000 not a cash prize.
The Peter Westblade Scholarship honours the late Peter Westblade, who passed away in 2008, a true visionary of the sheep industry, epitomising compassion and devotion to a cause.
The Peter Westblade Scholarship exists to promote the practical skills associated with the sheep and wool industry and aims to deliver hands on experience and networking opportunities to young people aspiring for a career in this dynamic industry.
The Peter Westblade Scholarship aims to:
- Provide practical education opportunities and mentoring for young people in the sheep and wool industry.
- Encourage young people into the sheep and wool industry by demonstrating and showing opportunities and career pathways.
- Promote, demonstrate and showcase new technologies within the sheep and wool industry.
The Peter Westblade Scholarship will provide:
- Mentoring from industry innovators and leaders.
- Involvement in the sheep and wool industries largest commercial genetic trial.
- Practical training appropriate to the skill set required in the sheep and wool industry.
- Provide an opportunity to develop wider networks with key contacts in the sheep and wool industry.
- Travel opportunities and resource books.
- Opportunities to utilize new technologies.
- Up to $10,000 (Please note this is NOT a cash prize) comprising of cash reimbursement for expenses such as travel & accommodation; in-kind contribution from leaders in the sheep industry.