Marcus Oldham Rural Leadership Scholarship
Application close: 31 May 2019,
Are you tomorrow’s leader in the Australian Beef Industry? Do you know someone who will be a leader tomorrow in the Australian Beef Industry? If you answered yes to either of these questions, then the Australian Beef Industry Foundation (ABIF) are offering the opportunity for seven people involved in the beef supply chain, aged between 21 and 40 to attend a one-week Marcus Oldham Rural Leadership program at the Marcus Oldham College in Geelong, Victoria early July 2019.
Administration of scholarship
- ABIF will be offering financial support for your attendance at Marcus Oldham College.
- ABIF will form a panel of independent local people to assess the applications.
- Panel members must not be related by family or employment to the applicants.
- Applications will be strictly confidential.
- Assessment of all criteria will provide information toward selection.
- If it is the opinion of the selection panel that no suitable application is received, the scholarship will not be awarded.
- The decision of the panel will be final, and a majority ruling applies.
Selection criteria– please limit responses to approx. 150 words
- History of education and/or employment.
- Explain how this course would be useful in your current and/or future work plans.
- How can you see yourself using the skills learnt in this course to benefit the beef industry, and/or its people and /or your community?
- Any other information about yourself you think we should know about to help your application.
- Date of birth:
- Copy of proof of Australian residency: (birth certificate, passport etc.)
- Phone number:
- Email address:
- Current postal and living address:
- Current employer’s name and work address:
Who is eligible?
- Applicants must be between the ages of 21-40 years in the year the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen.
- Preference will be given to those in or going into the Australian Beef Industry.
Conditions of applications
- Applicants must be available to attend the course Sunday 7th July to Friday 12th July this year.
- Applicants who previously attended the Marcus Oldham Leadership Course in this or any other capacity are ineligible for this scholarship.
If you would like to discuss the opportunity please call John Gunthorpe, Chairman ABIF on 0400 403 456.Act Now