Agribusiness Connect Professional Training Scholarship (International)
Application open: 02 Nov 2018
Application close: 09 Nov 2018,
The Curtin Agribusiness Professional Training Scholarships are $1,000 grants to attend professional short courses run in regional locations to provide practical competencies for employment in agricultural industries. Accreditation/certification in these practical competencies will increase job-readiness of B. Agribusiness graduates. Attendance on practical accredited courses can be used as part of the B. Agribusiness work experience requirement.
The Science and Agribusiness Connect (SAC) initiative has been made possible by the State Government’s Royalties for Regions program. The SAC Tertiary Program (Program) will contribute to the aims of the SAC initiative.
The aim of the Program is to contribute towards building the capability of the Western Australian agriculture sector by enabling tertiary students to undertake work experience, scholarship and exchange opportunities in agriculture to improve their work readiness.
Candidates must meet ALL of the following criteria to be considered for this scholarship:
- International student
- Enrolled in 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of any Curtin University course as long as their placement or training course is related to agriculture or agribusiness in Semester 1, 2019
- Undertaking industry training course in a location outside their home location
- Training course must be completed by 31 December 2019
- On an academic status of “Good Standing” as at the closing date of the scholarship
- Eligible for a Commonwealth Supported Place
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously received this scholarship