Agribusiness Australia Scholarship
Application open: 01 Jun 2019
Application close: 12 Jul 2019,
Each year Agribusiness Australia awards a scholarship encouraging young Australians to undertake tertiary education in agriculture.
This respected $3,000 multi-year scholarship is part of Agribusiness Australia’s key priority of encouraging agribusiness students into the industry to ensure that agribusiness continues to be a major contributor to the Australian economy.
Applications are now open to eligible high school students in the state hosting the Agribusiness Australia annual general meeting, which this year will be held in Adelaide, South Australia.
- Open to all students who are currently in or starting their final year of high school in South Australia regardless if they have an agriculture program.
- Applicants must display a solid academic performance – credit average.
- Applicants should display leadership qualities and engage in extracurricular or volunteer work.
- Scholarship commences upon the student’s acceptance into an agriculture related degree. If the student is not accepted or does not elect an agriculture related degree, then the scholarship is forfeited.
- Scholarship recipient will receive $1,000 per annum for three consecutive years of study upon continuous enrolment in a university agriculture related degree.
- Applications will be assessed by the Agribusiness Australia Scholarship Committee and approved by the Agribusiness Australia Board.
- In addition, the scholarship recipient will have the opportunity to do one week’s work experience with a member of Agribusiness Australia.
- The scholarship recipient must submit a one to two page report that will be posted on the Agribusiness Australia website. The focus of the report is to be on learning’s during the academic year and offer encouragement to others.