2019 Horticultural Graduate Engagement Program
Application close: 31 Oct 2019,
The Horticultural Graduation Program is a program run by Hort Innovation and is designed to increase graduate interest in careers across the Australian horticulture sector and build a new pool of industry leaders and create networks of young professionals.
The Horticultural Graduation Program is a two-phase program; Phase one sees participants complete a 10-12 week internship with a host company. Scholarships are available for this period and students must be in their final year of university. Phase two occurs after the participant has graduated. The graduate moves into a 12 month graduate placement with the host company as a full time employee.
Roles within the program are varied and can include, but are not limited to:
- Analytic Support
- Quality Assurance
- Technical Agronomy
- Technical Support
- Production Agronomy
- General Experience Internships
This program is available in all states across a range of locations.
To be considered for a placement, applicants must:
- Have an open mind to new/different industries and challengers
- Be genuinely willing to pursue horticulture as a career option
- Be passionate, driven and motivated
- Be enrolled in a course which is relevant to the position and be covered under their university’s insurance program while complying with the relevant Fair Work Australia standards
- Be a student at the time of their internship (Phase 1) and capable of completing their studies within 6 months of the commencement of their program placement
- Be able to commit to full time employment for a minimum of 12 months at the completion of their studies.
Please note that this program is only open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents. (This is due to the regulations regarding the funding that the program receives)Act Now