Key position responsible for managing the day to day activities of a working vineyard.
- Directs growing, cultivation, and maintenance of vineyards;
- turns a conventional vineyard into a sustainable or organic one as desired;
- coordinates with the winemaker and owners to schedule care of vines;
- oversees the vineyard crew and consultants;
- monitors water usage or dry farming; keeps up heavy equipment;
- schedules appropriate sampling or analysis of grape nutrients;
- estimates crop yield; maintains records;
- leads crew safety meetings; and coordinates with winery operations.