Execute compliance documentation activities required for inbound and outbound shipping activities and liaise with stevedores.
Officer-Export, Bulk/Containers Exports Officer, Export Administrator, Export Documentation Co-ordinator, Export Documentation Officer, Export Operations, Settlements Officer, Shipping Clerk
- Confirm the number of articles or containers in consignments of goods received or dispatched
- Plan loading and unloading of shipping vessels and maintain appropriate customer relations
- Prepare and attach/serve documentation to articles/service providers for dispatch or receipt
- Ensure clearance procedures (e.g. payment of any customs entry fees or duties) are carried out, dispatch goods and arrange delivery promptly on arrival
- Confirm measurement process and testing accountabilities
- Drive between wharves, container terminals, airports and government departments if required
- Contact service providers and suppliers to adjust contract surplus or shortages or to arrange replacement of damaged goods
- Enter information relating to updating customs records, preparing correspondence and inputting and retrieving information.