Landcare workers perform a range of tasks to maintain and restore native bushland and farmland.
- kill and remove weeds and unwanted vegetation using minimal disturbance techniques or herbicides
- collect seeds from local native plants
- propagate local native plants
- replant native trees, shrubs, grasses and wildflowers
- take part in pest (e.g. rabbit) eradication programs
- collect botanical and environmental data
- map vegetation
- construct and maintain tracks and facilities in bushland
- maintain equipment
- apply control measures to combat salinity.