Classify cotton according to industry standards, employing knowledge of cotton fibre.
- Determine character of fibres and separate products into appropriate lines for further processing
- Grade and sort products according to industry standards such as strength uniformity, and cohesive quality to ensure correct processing and usage
- Record grade and/or identification numbers of product samples examined
- Examine product fibers through microscopes to determine maturity and spirality of fibres.
- organisational skills
- communication skills
- high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- capacity to work independently
- problem solving skills
- attention to detail