Manage the transport operations in a defined state/territory or for a group of products. This includes transport provider contract negotiation, freight quotation management and pick-up management.
Manager Land Transport, Transport Manager, Logistics & Distribution Manager, Logistics & Warehouse Manager, Logistics & Distribution Manager, Logistics Road Manager
- Develop and manage a logistics strategy for the business unit, including road, rail and coastal shipping transportation, in order to develop least cost supply chain strategies, short and long-term
- Negotiate freight and product storage contracts and work with key customers/suppliers to ensure implementation of strategies to improve supply chain effectiveness and efficiencies
- Establish measurement processes to record and report logistics performance, both financial and service
- Responsible for the inbound movement of goods or raw product received for manufacture or on-flow
- Lead, manage and develop the logistics team
- Ensure that effective administrative processes for freight and storage are established and implemented
- Ensure contracts and logistics management comply with company audit procedures and standards
- Report logistics performance throughout the organisation.