A role that requires the management of the physical and derivative position of the commodity being traded, customer account management and training of new traders.
Senior Merchant, Merchant, Senior Trader, Trader.
- Buy and sell commodities from/to country elevators, producers, feed mills and processors
- Evaluate proposed arbitrage and hedge opportunities for Australian and US commodities continually
- Determine supply and demand, survey market conditions and analyse other economic forces in order to establish position in the market place
- Initiate, negotiate and agree on terms of commodity purchase/sale contracts, such as price, quality, quantity, transportation, timing and payment
- Arrange efficient, low-cost transportation of commodities from areas of surplus to areas of deficit
- Plan purchases and transportation to maximise profitable use of stock and storage facilities
- Ensure thorough and accurate follow-up, execution, and closure to all contracts
- Communicate and interact with transportation and logistics, quality assurance, customer managers and credit manager to ensure efficient execution
- Meet with suppliers and internal/external customers in order to maintain and develop customer relationships
- Mentor Traders Assistants.