Key position responsible for managing the day to day activities of a working vineyard.
- Directs growing, cultivation, and maintenance of vineyards;
- turns a conventional vineyard into a sustainable or organic one as desired;
- coordinates with the winemaker and owners to schedule care of vines;
- oversees the vineyard crew and consultants;
- monitors water usage or dry farming; keeps up heavy equipment;
- schedules appropriate sampling or analysis of grape nutrients;
- estimates crop yield; maintains records;
- leads crew safety meetings; and coordinates with winery operations.
For this Position, the skills required could have been developed through on the job training, previous work experience in other related roles and through specialised and/or vocation training and/or through a Tertiary Qualification in Science, Humanities or Commerce.
Specialist vocational training and further education are available through the following institutions:
Tertiary Education Providers
University of Tasmania