Storage and Hygiene Officer
Implement the scheduling and treatment or fumigation of grain and other products.
Grain Protection, Officer Receivals Support, Quality Control Co-ordinator
- Inspect properties, identify problems, determine treatments and provide estimates of costs for replacement
- Mix chemicals to specified concentrations and confirm usage on treatment of raw materials.
- Operate generators, compressors, manual and electric pumps to inject or spray liquid and gaseous pesticides and herbicides
- Fumigate storage spaces, houses or office furnishing and clothing
- Dust infested areas with appropriate powder or lay baits
- Apply pesticides or herbicides in the pre-treatment of building sites
- Carry out simple maintenance practices to prevent pests entering buildings, such as bird-proofing roofs and filling cracks and crevices
- Maintain equipment in safe, efficient working order.
- Maintain work records of each property inspected, the pest or weed problem, chemicals used and amount of time spent at each location.
For this Position, the skills required could have been developed through on the job training, previous work experience in other related roles and/or through specialised or vocation training.
For further information on relevant vocational training at School level Click Here
Specialist vocational training and further education are available through the following institutions;
For further Information on TAFE Courses
Click below by stateAct Now