Shearing Shed Hand
Assist wool classers and shearers by performing routine fleece and sheep handling duties in shearing sheds.
- Assist in managing sheep flow through the shearing shed
- Pick up the fleeces after shearing and throw onto skirting large tables
- Skirt (remove inferior and stained wool) fleeces as directed by a wool classer
- Grade wool which has been skirted off fleeces
- Pass fleeces to wool classer for classing
- Keep the shearing floor and shed free of contamination
- Identify and remove belly wool from the shearing area and place in relevant packs.
- communication skills
- enjoy working with animals
- able to work as part of a small team