- Leather Goods Maker (Saddler Specialisation)
- cutting and preparing leather to design specifications, patterns and drawings
- joining parts of leather articles using rivets, hand sewing, sewing machines, tools and adhesive
- restoring and repairing leather articles
- designing patterns and prototypes of boots and shoes
- making and grading patterns using manual and computerised methods
- clicking synthetics, corrected grains, leather linings and leather outers by hand and machine
- altering and repairing footwear
A Certificate III including at least 2 years of on-the-job training, or a Certificate IV, or at least 3 years of relevant experience, is usually needed. Most workers have not completed any post school qualifications (that is, they have finished either Year 10, 11 or 12 only). Sometimes experience or on-the-job training is needed in addition to a qualification.
VET Course Providers:
New South Wales
Australian Capital Territory
For more information on required qualifications, click here.
ANZSCO ID 3931Act Now