- requisitioning supplies from stock and sending orders to production departments and other firms
- confirming completion of orders and compliance with details specified, signing tally sheets and attaching to checked items
- receiving and checking purchase requests against inventory records and stock on hand
- examining orders and compiling data for production schedules
- checking inventories and preparing delivery schedules
- examining containers to ensure that they are filled, and recording quantities
- investigating and identifying supply sources and preparing and processing purchase orders
- providing price and other information about goods to prospective customers
- counting incoming stock and reconciling it with requisitions, and updating inventory and stock location records
- establishing and coordinating the operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing and shipping goods
A Certificate II or III, or at least 1 year of relevant experience, is usually needed to work in this job. Around one in four workers have finished high school. Even with a qualification, sometimes experience or on-the-job training is necessary.
VET Course Providers:
New South Wales
Australian Capital Territory
For more information on required qualifications, click here.
ANZSCO ID 5911Act Now