Fruit/Vegetable Farm Hand
- planting trees, seeds, seedlings, roots, bulbs, vines and other plants using hand tools and farm machines
- building trellises for climbing vegetables and vines
- operating farm machines to cultivate, fertilise, spray and harvest fruit, nuts, grains and vegetables
- spraying trees, vines and other plants with chemicals to control weed growth, insects, fungus growth and diseases
- thinning, weeding and hoeing row crops, and pruning trees and vines
- irrigating land for crop growth
- selecting and picking fruit, nuts, grains and vegetables according to size and ripeness, and discarding rotting and over-ripened produce
- grading, sorting, bunching and packing produce into containers
- loading filled fruit, nut, grain and vegetable containers onto trucks
A Year 10 Certificate, Certificate I, or a short period of on-the-job training is sometimes needed, but is not necessary to work in this job. Around one in three workers have Year 12 as their highest level of education.
VET Course Providers:
New South Wales
Australian Capital Territory
For more information on required qualifications, click here.
ANZSCO ID 8412Act Now