Work in a Forestry or Plantation Management team where they may treat weeds, conduct erosion and sediment control, clear trees and collect and process seeds.
- Develop knowledge, skills, and understanding of bushfire management
- Develop bushfire management theories and practices
- Study the biological, environmental and social factors of forest fire management
- Increase knowledge and analytical capabilities for bushfire management
- communication skills
- observational skills
- enjoy science
- problem solving skills
- analytical skills
- enjoy research
- ability to work alone or as part of a team
Bachelors Degree in Environmental Science, Australian National University
“I currently manage the urban fox baiting program, whale issues, the multi- million dollar Harbour Scenic Walk project, three volunteer groups and 70ha of harbourside bush at Dobroyd Head (near Manly) for the Area. I gained operational experience with fire, pest management, GIS and project management as a Harvest Planner/Operations Officer with Forestry Tasmania and FNSW.”
What they like about the job: Planning and implementing tangible projects with visible outcomes. Turning around and saying I did that!
Why they chose this career: An affinity with the land and people.”