Responsible for the management, conservation and preservation of marine and freshwater resources.
- Patrol and investigate waterways to ensure that relevant laws and regulations are obeyed
- Inspect fishing vessels, leases and processing plants to ensure compliance
- Provide advise to industry on regulations and standards
- Monitor activities that affect marine and freshwater habitats
- Promote marine and freshwater management programs
- Provide information and advice on the protection of marine and freshwater ecosystems
- Assist research programs
- good communications skills
- good interpersonal skills
- sense of balance and tolerance of motion sickness
- interested in physical and manual activities
- physically fit
- able to work as part of a team.