Develops and implements financial plans for individuals, businesses, and organizations, utilizing knowledge of tax and investment strategies, securities, insurance, pension plans, and real estate: Interviews client to determine client’s assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status, and financial objectives.
- Analyzes client’s financial status, develops financial plan based on analysis of data, and discusses financial options with client.
- Prepares and submits documents to implement plan selected by client.
- Maintains contact with client to revise plan based on modified needs of client or changes in investment market.
- May refer client to other establishments to obtain services outlined in financial plan.
- May sell insurance to client, recommending amount and type of coverage.
- May be registered with professional self-regulatory association and be designated Certified Financial Planner.