- Fencer or Fence Erector
- laying out fence lines and marking positions for post holes
- lifting and positioning fence posts in holes and securing posts with concrete, stone fill and soil
- forming fence frames
- constructing and attaching gates to fences
- stretching materials between fence posts
- constructing wooden paling, fibre-cement and metal fences
- repairing and demolishing existing fences
A Certificate II or III, or at least 1 year of relevant experience, is usually needed to work in this job. Around one in four workers have a Certificate III/IV. Even with a qualification, sometimes experience or on-the-job training is necessary.
VET Course Providers:
New South Wales
Australian Capital Territory
For more information on required qualifications, click here.
ANZSCO ID 8213Act Now