- preparing materials for experimentation such as freezing and slicing specimens and mixing chemicals
- collecting information and samples
- conducting field and laboratory experiments, tests and analyses
- presenting results in graphic and written form by preparing maps, charts, sketches, diagrams and reports
- performing routine mathematical calculations, and computations of measurements
- controlling the quality and quantity of laboratory supplies by testing samples and monitoring usage
- checking, calibrating and maintaining test equipment
- participating in fabricating, installing and modifying equipment to ensure that critical standards are met
- preparing experiments and demonstrations for science classes
An Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma, or at least 3 years of relevant experience is usually needed. Even with a qualification, experience or on-the-job training is usually needed.
VET Course Providers:
New South Wales
Australian Capital Territory
For more information on required qualifications, click here.
ANZSCO ID 3114Act Now