Develop and coordinate government and volunteer response measures to bushfires to manage risk to forests, the environment and the public.
- Liaises between government services and volunteer brigades and associations to prevent or respond to emergency situations
- Develop and implement strategies to mitigate the effects of bush fires
- Ensure compliance with Government policies, strategies and statutory obligations
- Provide leadership and at incidents, either at the incident scene or in coordination centres
- Implement strategies to improve bush fire management
- Provide organisational, management and policy support to volunteer groups as required.
- good communications skills
- good interpersonal skills
- able to work as part of a team.