- weighing, measuring, mixing, dissolving and boiling ingredients
- adding materials, such as spices and preservatives, to beverages
- operating heating, chilling, freezing, pasteurising, carbonating, sulphuring and desulphuring plant
- monitoring product quality before packaging by inspecting, taking samples and adjusting treatment conditions when necessary
- cleaning equipment, pumps, hoses, storage tanks, vessels and floors, and maintaining infestation control programs
- moving products from production lines into storage and shipping areas
- packaging and bottling products
A Year 10 Certificate, Certificate I, or a short period of on-the-job training is sometimes needed, but is not necessary to work in this job. Around one in three workers have Year 12 as their highest level of education.
VET Course Providers:
New South Wales
Australian Capital Territory
For more information on required qualifications, click here.
ANZSCO ID 8311Act Now