- Cake Decorator
- checking the cleanliness of equipment and operation of premises before production runs to ensure compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- checking the quality of raw materials and weighing ingredients
- kneading, maturing, cutting, moulding, mixing and shaping dough and pastry goods
- preparing pastry fillings
- monitoring oven temperatures and product appearance to determine baking times
- coordinating the forming, loading, baking, unloading, de-panning and cooling of batches of bread, rolls and pastry products
- glazing buns and pastries, and decorating cakes with cream and icing
- operating machines which roll and mould dough and cut biscuits
- emptying, cleaning and greasing baking trays, tins and other cooking equipment
This type of occupation usually requires a Certificate IV or Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training. For some roles relevant experience may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification.
VET Course Providers:
New South Wales
Australian Capital Territory
For more information on required qualifications, click here.
ANSZCO ID 3511Act Now